Sunday, April 13, 2008

NEW SPRINT VS. NEXTEL BLACKBERRY'S

This past Thursday morning I sent an e-mail to Dan Hesse, President and CEO of Sprint, inquiring about the two BlackBerry's:

Hi Dan,

I know you are super busy, so I won't try to waste your time. I'm an avid CrackBerry,…I mean BlackBerry user. I used to be on the Nextel side of business before having to change over to the Sprint side. The greatest loss was the Direct Connect feature on all of my older phones and BlackBerry's. I was extremely tempted to switch to AT&T back in August just to keep that feature, but only on an updated BlackBerry, but I have been with Sprint/Nextel/Sprint since July of 1998.

Rumor has is that Nextel is coming out with an iDEN compatible BlackBerry some time this year. Is the Sprint Curve 8330 going to be compatible with the Direct Connect feature? If not, will the Nextel iDEN Blackberry have a digital camera feature. I currently have the Blackberry 8830WE, but miss both features, which was something that I had on my Motorola i580. And if Nextel is indeed coming out with a new BlackBerry, which quarter is it projected for?

Thanks for any feedback!

Brian


When I got to work and checked my e-mail just a little while ago, I ACTUALLY got a reply back:

Dear Brian

Thank you for your email. I have done some research on your questions and the Sprint Curve 8330 will not have Direct connect. Also the Nextel iDEN Blackberry will not have a camera on it. I do apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any other question please visit us at www.phonescoop.com.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Camika D - Sprint


You heard it hear first...I'll be sticking with Sprint and purchasing the BlackBerry Curve 8330 when it is released sometime this month. I can't wait!

0 comments: