Thursday, April 10, 2008

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME


As all of you know, I am extremely addicted to my BlackBerry, or “CrackBerry.” Although I have gotten in the habit of not always having it on me, it’s always at least in the car where ever I go. Lately, I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the BlackBerry Curve 8330, which is set some where between April 16th and 20th. I’ve even been on the phone with customer service trying to pry information from them about conflicting reports.

As if I am not already anxious enough about the release of the BlackBerry Curve 8330, now I am also hearing reports that the Nextel side of Sprint will be releasing a new BlackBerry sometime this year. Dan Hesse - President, CEO of Sprint quoted in the Sprint Nextel Corporation Q4 2007 Earnings Call on February 28, 2008, “…later this year we'll introduce the first ever iDEN WiFi BlackBerry, which will feature push-to-talk, a QWERTY keypad and contemporary industrial design.” FINALLY!

I bought my first BlackBerry 7520 on the Nextel network in May of 2007, which incorporated the iDEN network. Because of massive texting issues I was having with it, I threw my BlackBerry against a rock in July of 2007, which subsequently fatally damaged my blackBerry. Later that month I purchased the BlackBerry 8830 World Edition on the Sprint side. Best of all I was still able to keep my $7.50 unlimited text message plan when I switched sides, but ultimately lost the Direct Connect (PPT) feature.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my current BlackBerry, however, I miss the digital camera and video feature of my old regular phone. Now that Sprint will be offering the Curve (which has a 2.0MP camera) and Nextel will be coming out with a new model (maybe with a 3.2MP camera) and my favorite, the DIRECT CONNECT (PPT) feature. Either way I’ll be happy. Both BlackBerry’s will be duel network compatible.

So, the “chirp” is coming back along with all the other great BlackBerry features. I’m assuming that this new Nextel BlackBerry will be announced at the 2008 Wireless Enterprise Symposium in just a little over 4 weeks. I can’t wait. I think I’ll be able to hold off a little longer (self-control).

0 comments: