Saturday, September 20, 2008

ARIZONA…PART 1

I left work at 3pm today and started my journey to Phoenix. First off, I love coming to Arizona…the scenery, the weather…did I mention that it’s 91 degrees right now? While every one in the OC is in the low 60’s to high 50’s…it’s still summer time here. Being that it’s 91, quite honestly, it doesn’t feel that warm. Don’t get me wrong, it’s warm, but it just feels like a nice summer night in the OC minus the humidity.

One of my favorite things about Arizona besides the above is that Arizona is an “Open-Carry” state. For those of you who don’t know what that means because of California politics, allow me to educate you; You can legally carry a loaded firearm on your person as long as it is holstered and in plain sight. Yes, you can go to dinner, grab a movie, go to Starbuck’s with a gun on your person. Even better, you can keep a loaded firearm in your vehicle at ALL times…just tell the officer if you get pulled over.

So what did I do when I crossed the Colorado River at 6:25 pm this evening? I removed my Glock 36 from the trunk, loaded the magazine, and placed my firearm in my vehicle. It’s great that there is still a state that allows you the freedom to protect yourself.

Prior to, still on the California side, I was FINALLY able to let loose on the Camry. I’ve wanted to open up the engine for a while now, but never have. A few months ago I had high performance tires put on my Camry that are rated to speeds of 167MPH. I know my car can’t go that fast, however, you can never be too careful. With that said I opened it up a few times. Once I got used to hitting 120MPH, I wanted to see how fast my car could go. Let me put it this way…I hit 130MPH and there was still plenty of room for acceleration.



Once it hit the 130 mark, the testosterone button was pinged. That and my hands were super sweaty from the adrenaline. But the last time I went that fast was in a Chevy Caprice back when I was an explorer with the OC Sheriff’s. The digital speedometer read 136 MPH.

Tomorrow I go to look at properties in the area. I’ll be looking in Laveen, which is just west of where I’m staying now. I’ve been doing some research and have written down some areas where I want to look. Being that my uncle is also in the housing business he has also given me some areas to take a look.

0 comments: