Saturday, September 13, 2008

HELLO AGAIN...

Okay, first of all I know it’s been a super long time since I’ve posted anything meaningful going on, but I’ve been super busy so I apologize for that.

With that said, last night Andrew and I attended the Counting Crows and Maroon 5 concert which was opened by Augustana at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Irvine. Both bands put on an amazing performance in different ways. Counting Crows was the first up opening with Mr. Jones. I really enjoyed the musical aspect of the show, especially when both Counting Crows and Augustana ended singing a duet on their closing song (I want to say it was either Time and Time Again or Rain King).

On the other hand, I think Maroon 5 had a better performance with stage lighting and special effects, but I really enjoyed Counting Crows music a lot better and wished that they could have had more stage time.

Prior to going into the amphitheater I saw about a half dozen of coppers I used to work with and haven’t seen since I left the department back in 2004 which was a real treat. All in all it was a great night and wished that I hadn’t been so tired (I had been at the Calibre Press Street Survival Seminar all day and the day before which was great).

On that note, more to come…I bought some new toys which I will tell you about and I’m going back out to Arizona next weekend to take another look around out there…super excited.

0 comments: